You vs. You
One of my favorite movies of all time is Creed.
I love the male journey, the love between Rocky and Donny, and the fight - in the ring, in themselves, between each other, and for the things that matter to them both.
Here are some of the best quotes from that movie - quotes I refer back to all the time. It just so happens that Rocky Balboa says all of them (even though Adonis is my favorite) 👇
- Time takes everybody out - it's undefeated.
- See this guy staring back at you [Donny's reflection in the mirror]? That's your toughest opponent. Every time you get into the ring, that's who you're up against. Block it, slip it or get out of the way.
- You can't learn anything when you're talking. As long as you're talking, you're not listening.
- One step, one punch, one round.
- You belong here.
- It's you against you - he's [the other boxer in the ring] just in your way.
I'm the only thing stopping me. And waiting doesn't serve anyone. 🥊